Before we share some info about the TEST..I'd like to share this first...
Ano nga ba ang CIVIL SERVICE EXAM at para saan po iyon?
= Ito po ay isang klase ng pagsusulit na ibinibigay ng CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION na kailangan maipasa bago makapagtrabaho sa public or government office.
Congratulations again to the UCCians who passed the Civil Service Exam last April!!
For those ASPIRANTS...here's a new & updated post about the test!
The next EXAM is on OCTOBER 17, 2010 but the deadline for FILING of APPLICATION is on SEPTEMBER 1, 2010. Don't be late. I think they never give extensions.
More GENERAL INFORMATION
General Information on the Career Service Examinations
Professional and Sub-professional Levels
• THE INFORMATION ON THE CAREER SERVICE EXAMINATIONS CONTAINED HERE ARE GENERAL IN NATURE.
• THE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION (CSC) ISSUES A CORRESPONDING EXAMINATION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE CONDUCT OF THE CAREER SERVICE EXAMINATIONS.
• APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO CHECK OUT THE EXAMINATION ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PARTICULARS AND/OR UPDATES ON EXAMINATION RULES, REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE.
• IN ANY CASE OF INCONSISTENCY, THE EXAMINATION ANNOUNCEMENT SHALL PREVAIL OVER THIS GENERAL INFORMATION.
A. QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE CAREER SERVICE EXAMINATION(CSE)
• Career Service Professional and Sub-professional examinations are open to applicants regardless of educational attainment.
• Applicants for both levels must:
– Be Filipino citizens, at least 18 years old, and of good moral character;
– Have no criminal record or have not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
– Have not been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government; and
– Have not taken the same level of career service examination within three (3) months from last examination taken, or for those who have repeatedly failed, have not failed the same level of examination for four times since October 2002.
B. MODES OF TAKING THE CSE
The Career Service Examination (Professional and Sub-Professional levels) may be taken through either of the following modes:
1. Paper and Pencil Test (PPT)
The CSE-PPT is conducted nationwide thrice a year. Filing of applications for the CSE-PPT is through the CSC Regional or Field Offices.
Applicants are advised to refer to the Examination Announcement, which the CSC officially issues for each schedule of the CSE-PPT.
2. Computer Assisted Test (CAT)
The CSE-CAT is conducted in Civil Service Commission Central Office (CSCCO), IBP Road, Batasan Hills, Quezon City, and in selected CSC Regional Offices (CSCRO) such as CSC-CAR, Baguio City. For the schedule of conduct of CSE-CAT, applicants are advised to coordinate/get in touch with the CSCCO, or the concerned CSCRO. Please visit the CSC website www.csc.gov.ph for the directory of CSC Central and Regional Offices.
C. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Properly accomplished application form (CS Form No. 100, Revised 2008);
2. Four (4) copies of identical I.D. pictures with specifications, as follows:
a.1.5" x 2" (Passport size)
b.Colored or black-and-white
c.Printed on quality photo paper
d.Must show the subject applicant in standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up)
e.With full name tag
– The name tag must show the applicant's First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name (if any).
– The name tag should not be computer-generated, meaning, the applicant should have his/her picture taken while holding his/her name tag.
f.Taken within the last three months prior to filing of application
Note: The following pictures are NOT accepted:
– Scanned, computer-enhanced, photocopied, and cut-out pictures;
– Pictures showing subject applicant not in close-up shot (lower than shoulder level);
– Pictures with incomplete and/or computer-generated name tag; and
– Pictures without name tag.
3. Original and photocopy of any valid I.D. card with name, picture and signature of the applicant,and name and signature of the issuing officer (i.e. Driver's License, BIR ID, GSIS/SSS ID, Postal ID, Voter's ID, current Office/School ID, or valid Passport); and
4. Examination fee of P350 for the Paper and Pencil Test (PPT), or P400 for Computer Assisted Test (CAT).
D. WHERE TO SECURE & FILE APPLICATION FORMS
• Application forms may be secured from any CSC Regional or Field Office, or downloaded from the CSC website www.csc.gov.ph.
• For the CSE-PPT, applications must be filed at any CSC Regional or Field Office. The CSC Central Office in Batasan Hills, Quezon City, does not accept and process applications for CSE-PPT.
Deadline for filing of applications is usually one month before the scheduled date of examination.
• For the CSE-CAT, applications must be filed at the CSC Central Office, or at the concerned CSC Regional Office.
• As a general rule, acceptance of examination applications for both CSE-PPT and CSE-CAT is on a first-come, first-served basis. Failure to come on the scheduled examination date would mean forfeiture of examination slot and fee. No request for re-scheduling is allowed.
E. FREQUENCY OF TAKING THE CAREER SERVICE EXAMINATION
(Based on CSC Resolution No. 021279 dated Oct. 7, 2002)
• Taking the Career Service Professional and Sub-professional examinations via paper and pencil test (PPT) or computer assisted test (CAT) shall be once in three months and up to four times only.
• An examinee failing on the 4th attempt can apply for the same level of the career service examination only after two years from the date of the 4th examination taken.
F. SCOPE OF EXAMINATION
In English and Filipino: vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, analogy, logic, and numerical reasoning.
In English and Filipino: vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, clerical operations, and numerical reasoning.
Both levels of the examination will have general information questions on Philippine Constitution; Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (R. A. 6713); peace and human rights issues and concepts; and environment management and protection.
G. PASSING RATE: Eighty (80)
H. EXAMINATION RESULT
Results of the CSE-PPT are usually released from three to four months after the examination. The names of passed examinees shall be posted at the CSC website www.csc.gov.ph.
Those who passed the examination must personally claim their Certificates of Eligibility at the CSC Regional Office/Field Office upon presentation of required documents. On the other hand, those who failed the examination may secure a copy of their Report of Rating through the CSC website. No Report of Rating shall be mailed to those who failed. To secure a copy of the Report of Rating, an examinee must key in his/her name, date of birth, examinee number, examination date, and examination type. Thus, examinees are advised to safe keep or remember their examinee number until receipt of the examination result.
Results of the CSE-CAT are usually released within two to three hours after the examination. Examinees are strongly advised to wait for the examination results. Those who passed shall receive their Certificate of Eligibility, while those who failed shall receive their Report of Rating. Should an examinee fail to claim/receive his/her examination result on the examination day, he/she has to personally return at a later date to claim either his/her Certificate of Eligibility or Report of Rating.
The names of passed CSE-CAT examinees shall be posted at the CSC website.
Meanwhile, a copy of the Report of Rating of failed examinees may also be secured through the CSC website. To secure a copy of the Report of Rating, an examinee must key in his/her name, date of birth, examinee number, examination date, and examination type.
so there. I got this information from their website.