Sunday 19 June 2011

Donate a Book Program for the Library!



Calling all graduates or anybody who'd like to help fellow UCCians out there!

I'm starting this
UCC Alumni at Work program. And I'm encouraging everybody to donate your old books (textbooks,novels etc) to the library.

I once thought of just giving my old books to an individual, but I thought that 'sharing' of knowledge & wisdom would probably end there. So why not give it to the library where a lot of students could benefit & not just one?

Isn't it nice to stock up our library with books that would be just set aside in our closets and equip the present UCCians' minds? Wouldn't it be fulfilling to pass on the knowledge that we have? And lastly wouldn't it be great to give back to the university that honed our intellects? If you say yes, then what are you waiting for?

Please contact me by LEAVING a COMMENT below or sending an email to jill_2607@yahoo.com.

For suspicious ones, don't worry we will provide a picture proving that the books are indeed donated. And I will go to the library at Camarin campus next week to ask about what books they are lacking. We might need that.

I've already gathered 4 books from few people I know and still waiting for more.Here are the books I've gathered so far.





1.
Mac Arthur by Bob Ong - this might not be that academical but woah everybody who knows Bob Ong might agree that behind his words talking shit are important lessons concealed in satirical lines. This book depicts the life of ....(I think I've said much already.)





2.
Stainless Longganisa by Bob Ong - an inspirational book for writers and writers wannabe.




3.
Human Behavior in Organization by Jose P. Leveriza - this was a text book for our Human Behavior in Organization class (for Psych studes 3rd year first sem)






4. Educational Psychology by Anselmo D. Lupdag - for Educational Psychology (for Psych students)







Quotes from : http://www.quotegarden.com/libraries.html

The best of my education has come from the public library... my tuition fee is a bus fare and once in a while, five cents a day for an overdue book. You don't need to know very much to start with, if you know the way to the public library. ~Lesley Conger

We may sit in our library and yet be in all quarters of the earth. ~John Lubbock

Libraries are the wardrobes of literature, whence men, properly informed may bring forth something for ornament, much for curiosity, and more for use. ~William Dyer

Here is where people,

One frequently finds,
Lower their voices
And raise their minds.
~Richard Armour, "Library"


0 comments:

Post a Comment